Saturday, March 17, 2012

˙·٠•●♥ U.of K Monkeys ♥●•٠·˙



Monkeys !! those adorable little creatures ! or that what it seems like when they are locked up in cages twenty yards away from you . unfortunately that’s not the situation in the university of Khartoum specially the faculty of architecture, where monkeys are as wild and free as harpy eagles of tropical South America. As a result a lot of accidents had happened , and the poor students are always the victims.

 In the beginning of the year one of our tutors said : ‘ you should consider yourselves lucky , back in our days and before the new buildings the monkeys used to get inside the studio and destroy every project after hours and hours of hard work , how frustrating! ’

I’ve witnessed a lot of girls and monkeys marathons but  I wasn’t an exceptions as it chased me in the very first day of the university!! but from the first eye contact with a monkey I knew this is going to be a battle for survival in the next few years. Another time when we were coming back from the cafeteria , a monkey spotted the juice we are holding , faster than a cheetah it ran and the next thing I know is my bag and juice flaying in the air and me running for my life as fast as I can regardless of the laughter and comments of the passers by . one of the comments was ‘what an athlete’ .

So I believe that our faculty is not only the home of future architects but also a natural reserve for the  lower species. 

Hanaa Ali Karrar 

No comments:

Post a Comment